3.28.2, 4 December, 2023
Create shortcuts to your favorite assets in Dashboards
Create custom widgets and shortcuts to various assets in vScope. This is perfect if you want to eg. document specific IT services in a dashboard for a specific customer or organizational unit. You can choose exactly the values you want to show in the shortcut which enables even more customizability, why not show configurations of a server, or user activity for a user account?
You can either create Shortcut widgets from scratch (In Edit Dashboard) or quickly add Properties to a Dashboard by selecting “Add to dashboard”
Where to find…
👉 You can quickly create shortcuts from Properties, or build them from scratch in Edit Dashboard > Create Widget > Shortcut Widget
New Asset Types: Azure API Management
In this release, we’ve integrated support for inventorying Azure API Management in vScope. Azure API Management is a comprehensive solution facilitating the creation, deployment, and management of APIs. With vScope, users can now gain a centralized view of critical asset types, including APIs, API Products, and Service Subscriptions within their Azure API Management environment.
Moreover, the added functionality allows mapping relationships to user accounts, providing a nuanced understanding of the API ecosystem. This heightened visibility empowers teams by making essential API management information accessible to a broader audience within the organization.
Learn more about Azure API Management
To help you get started, we have created some bundled content for you:
Azure API Management User Accounts Documentation
User accounts and their access to various Azure APIs via subscriptions. Adjust and expand it as needed based on your specific use case and documentation requirements.
Azure API Products Documentation
Explore a detailed overview of API Products within Azure API Management, featuring essential information to streamline your understanding and utilization.
Azure APIs Documentation
Customize the information as needed to align with your specific use case and documentation requirements.
- Azure API Management: Changed Subscription Scope
- Azure API Management: New Server Subscriptions Added
Where to find…
👉 To enable inventory of Azure API Management, go to Discovery > Credentials > Azure and enable “Azure API Management”. After the next discovery, you will be able to search for Azure API Management to find bundled content.
Creation Date, Created By, Last Modified Date, Last Modified By, for IT Services
New Meta Data Fields for IT Services allows you to better understand when IT Services were updated, and changed and who made the change.
Where to find…
👉 These fields are available to any user in Tables > IT Services > + Columns.
Change the layout of IT Services
If you want to change the layout for an IT service, you can choose to copy the IT service and select a new layout for the copy.
💡 Notice: Only values in fields that exist in both layouts will be copied.
Where to find…
👉 Go to an IT Service > Copy.
Bugs & Improvements
- Show username for the user account running a Job.
- Updated links in Discovery: You can now find links to guides and FAQs when adding data sources.
- Add more details about Permission Groups in the dropdown in Single Sign-On.
- Fix for deleted group is still shown as a collaborator.
- Fix for multi-input does not handle long values.
The last remaining column in the table cannot be removed but can be unchecked.
- Search Icon is shown though it should not be shown in Share snapshot.
- Hide non-static/non-configuration tags from Timeline in Properties. This means that vScope by default hides dates and values that change every day.
- New Content: New slides on the Home Screen.
- Display help text for the user to understand they could input multiple OIDs in an SNMP Credential.
- Fix for format setting does not affect Date TagsExplain to the user why groups are not found when using AD as a directory service.
- Update Jetty to 10.0.18
- Group mapping values are not reset when changing tabs in Directory integration.
- Clearing reply-to address makes email sending fail.
- Various usability updates in vScope Billing
- Add a search field in the dropdown when creating Price items.
- Show the number used by the billing account in the Price list header.