We have added yet another integration to vScope’s asset inventory. By connecting vScope to your Desktop Central instance, you will be able to collect even more assets in vScope’s asset inventory. It enables better reporting and easier overview across more of your platforms.
The new integration supports both the standard Desktop Central edition as the MSP edition. If you are a MSP you will also benefit from building lists about remote offices and faster adding assets to Billing Accounts in vScope.
- Mobile Devices
- Remote Offices (categorized as ‘Organizational Units’ in vScope)
We will continue to add more asset types such as Display devices, switches, and printers.
- Desktop Central
- Desktop Central MSP
Suggested use cases
- Compare asset configurations in Desktop Central with other settings in other platforms.
- Add price and billing details to assets.
- Improve patch reporting.
- Find duplicate assets across Remote Offices.
- Set up alerts to automatically catch misconfigurations at an early stage.
- Distribute reports containing asset information from multiple platforms.
- Add custom metadata to assets, either manually or by using rules.
- Aggregate reports based on eg. customer, technical contact, OS version, and more…
If you have vScope installed, all you need to do is to go to your Discovery Manager, select Add credential, and select Desktop Central.
To help you on the way, we’ve written a guide that step-by-step describes how to enable inventory of Desktop Central in vScope.
Our Customer Success team is always ready to help if you need any assistance.
Get in touch