Document and optimize your Hyper-V environment
This pack allows users to observe different aspects of their Hyper-V environment in one single view. Reports in this pack can also be used for documentation purposes while the analyses can be used to optimize and improve all your essential Hyper-V hosts, machines, and desktops.
- A complete overview of your Hyper-V assets including hosts, virtual machines, and workstations.
- Find VMs with checkpoint and potential issues with Integration Services tools.
- Observe the utilization grade of different hosts and VMs.
- Hyper-V Hosts
Lists all Hyper-V hosts currently running.
- Hyper-V Virtual Machines
Lists all Hyper-V VMs and their status.
- Hyper-V IP-Plan
Lists all IPs that are attached to a Hyper-V host or virtual machine, only shows IPv4.
- Hyper-V Host Live Migration Settings
Lists all Hyper-V hosts and their live migration settings.
- Hyper-V VM Dynamic RAM Settings
Lists the dynamic RAM settings of Hyper-V VMs.
- Hyper-V VM Storage Documentation
Lists information regarding the usage of file systems, HDD, and disks.
- Hyper-V host without virtual machines
The listed machines are classified as Hyper-v hosts, but have no virtual machines.
- Hyper-V VMs in need of attention
Lists virtual Hyper-V machines that are in a state that needs attention.
- Hyper-V Machines are “missing”
Lists virtual Hyper-V machines with the state “missing”.
- Hyper-V hosts communication state not reported as “responding”
Lists Hyper-V hosts that don’t have their communication state reported by VMM as “responding”.
- Hyper-V VM Dynamic RAM is at highest weight
Lists machines that have the Dynamic RAM highest priority.
- Integration Services not installed on Hyper-V VMs
Lists Hyper-V virtual machines where Integration Services are not installed.
- Integration Services not running on Hyper-V VMs
Lists Hyper-V virtual machines where Integration Services are not running.
- Hyper-V checkpoints exist
Lists all Hyper-V snapshots that have been found.
- Hyper-V checkpoints growing in size
Lists all Hyper-V snapshots that are growing in size.
- Hyper-V checkpoints older than 30 days
Lists all Hyper-V snapshots that are older than 30 days.
- Hyper-V VMs not refreshed by VMM
Lists Hyper-V virtual machines that are not refreshed by VMM. This is most likely due to a refresher error.
- Hyper-V VMs not supported by VMM
Lists Hyper-V virtual machines that are not supported by VMM. This is most likely due to a configuration error.
- Hyper-V VMs not connected to a vSwitch
Lists machines that do not appear to be connected to any switch.
- Hyper-V host on VMware
Hyper-V host found on VMware virtualization platform.
- Hyper-V hosts using more than 85% RAM and have VMs with Dynamic RAM
Hosts allowing dynamic RAM may run out of RAM quickly. Below are hosts which has VMs with dynamic RAM enabled, where actual RAM usage is above 85%.
- Under committed CPU on Hyper-V hosts
Lists hosts where CPU-allocation has been under committed.
- Hyper-V hosts OS Version spread
Lists all Hyper-V hosts and their OS Version if all the hosts dont have the same OS version.
- Hyper-V Integration Services version spread
Lists all Hyper-V virtual machines if at least one of the VMs is not running the latest version of Integration Services. Only lists virtual machines where the version of the guest tools has been discovered.
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server with prohibited role
Microsoft prohibits the use of a standalone Hyper-V Server as a web server, file server, database server, or any other type of server whose role is not hosting virtual machines.
- Low committed RAM on Hyper-V hosts
Lists all Hyper-V hosts running that have a low percentage of their RAM committed.
- Overcommitted CPU on Hyper-V hosts
Lists hosts where CPU-allocation has been over committed.
- Overcommitted RAM on Hyper-V hosts
Lists hosts where RAM-memory has been overcommitted to virtual machines regardless of their running state. Also displays hosts on the verge of being overcommitted.
A dashboard that provides quick insights into the reports and analyses listed above.